15 Healthy (and Delicious) Fat-Burning Snack Ideas
by Mike Geary , Certified Nutrition Specialist, Certified Personal Trainer
Author of best-sellers: The Fat Burning Kitchen & The Top 101 Foods that FIGHT Aging
I receive a lot of questions from my readers where they have been doing much better at choosing healthy breakfasts, lunches, and/or dinners, but they are still struggling to find good ideas for healthy and quick snacks for on the go... especially a quick small meal or snack that can be brought to the office or on road trips (so you can avoid the fast food junk!)
The problem that I see most people having is being prepared enough to bring healthy snacks with them to work for the day. If you don't plan ahead, and bring something healthy and balanced with you when you're out and about for the day, or at work, you're going to end up choosing the junk food at the vending machine or corner store when your hunger strikes.
So here are some of my favorite natural foods based snacks that I've used for years with great success and that lots of my clients love too. I want to keep things simple here, so I'm just gonna give a couple of my easiest, quickest, and healthiest...
Quick, healthy snack ideas to keep your body lean:
- Apple or other fruit with almond butter (apple slices with almond butter is one of my favorite snacks!)
- Hummus with carrot sticks or sliced red/yellow/orange peppers (always choose hummus made with olive oil instead of unhealthy soybean or canola)
- Guacamole with carrot sticks or sliced red/yellow/orange peppers
- Ricotta cheese (grass-fed if possible) mixed with cocoa powder, stevia, and vanilla extract (delicious high protein, low carb snack!)
- Cottage cheese mixed with yogurt, berries, and walnuts or pecans
- A couple hard boiled eggs (I like them with mustard) with carrot and celery sticks and hummus (roasted red pepper hummus is my favorite)
- Celery sticks with organic almond butter (a classic quick healthy snack)
- My famous healthy chocolate FUDGE recipe
- Avocado slices wrapped in nitrate-free deli turkey breast (one of my favorite quick snacks)
- This "healthy balls" recipe , which is super-tasty and easy to make (keep these in your freezer, so you always have them available for a snack attack)
- Fresh sliced pineapple with a handful of macadamia nuts
- a bowl of blueberries mixed with raw almonds
- my quick and healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding recipe
- Cottage cheese with cinnamon, apple slices, and walnuts (mmm, mmm good)
That should give you some ideas to start working with. Now you have ZERO EXCUSES for resorting to junk food snacks on the road or at the office, when you have all of the delicious and healthy fat-burning snack ideas right here!
If you liked this article, please share it below with your friends and family:
Nutrition Watchdog Blogs:
Onions & your gut health, cancer, longevity, and more!
Coffee & your liver health
Morning energy tonic: ACV + water + lemon + cinnamon (delicious and an inflammation fighter)
The 1 food he reduced to completely eliminate his joint pain (and remove his love handles)
The #1 most important thing for your GUT health
This fruit increased fat loss after 12 weeks