How to Do One of the Best Butt Exercises for a Firmer Sexier Butt and Tight Thighs
Try these unique exercises and tips to get a tighter, firmer butt fast
by Mike Geary, Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), Certified Nutrition Specialist
Author of best-selling program: The Truth about Six-Pack Abs
Ladies, is your butt tight and firm, or saggy? Too big or too small? Every woman wants to know the secret to getting a firm tight butt and slim sexy thighs, right. With a little hard work and choosing the correct exercises, that firm sexy butt may not be that far off!
The answer to your quest for the best butt exercise is not in some fancy machine or butt blaster. In fact, most of your best butt exercises are simply done with bodyweight or free weights. Of course, various forms of squats, deadlifts, lunges, and stepups will always be some of the best for a tight butt.
However, I'll cover one of the most effective exercises (and a unique one at that!) for tightening your buttocks in this article. I'll reveal some of the other top butt exercises in future articles.
You can even do this exercise at home or in your office at various times throughout the day (so there's no lack of time excuse!). Combine this exercise with some of the others I mentioned, and you'll have a tighter, firmer butt in just weeks.
The topic of this article is the single-legged Romanian Deadlift. It's a great exercise for firming both the butt and the back of the thighs (hamstrings). Also, because this is a single-leg exercise, it really helps strengthen your ankles and other stabilizer muscles throughout your legs. Here's how to do it:
1. Looking straight ahead, stand and balance on one leg, and kick the other leg out slightly behind you.
2. Maintain a very slight bend in the knee throughout this exercise.
3. Now start to bend forward while simultaneously pushing the butt and hips back and keeping a flat (not rounded) back.
4. While bending over and pushing the hips back, kick your other leg out behind you and reach down with your hands towards the toe of your foot that's planted on the ground and try to touch it. You should feel a stretch in the hamstrings as you get to the deepest part where your back is parallel to the floor.
5. Then, focus on squeezing the butt muscle hard while you reverse the movement and bring yourself back to upright (all the while maintaining that flat back)
Alright, that was one rep! Now do 5-10 reps with each leg for 2-3 sets mixing this exercise into one of your normal workouts (or even just try this at home in your living room). At the end of a couple sets, I guarantee you'll be feeling this big-time in your buttocks and the back of your thighs!
I know it may sound a little complicated, and the first time you try this butt exercise, you may really need to concentrate on your balance. But after a couple sessions of practicing these one-legged romanian deadlifts, you'll start to get the hang of them and be able to focus more concentration on keeping the butt tight throughout the range of motion.
If you want to discover an even better exercise to tighten and tone your butt and thighs, check this out:
Make sure you don't miss out on all of my deliciousl fat-burning recipes and workouts that burn more belly fat than standard "cardio" below:
For those of you that want a flat and sexy stomach with more toned abdominals, be sure to Flatten Your Stomach Fast with my Truth about Six Pack Abs Program
home - how to get a flat belly